Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Believe

It is confusing in these moments. With a gigantic work report looming, the complications of a messy potential house purchase weighing, the heartache of Ellie's separation anxiety pressing and the excitement and stress of Mark's new job at Year Up competing, it is hard to know what is what. Where to put my mental, physical and emotional energy? How to preserve my sleep, sanity and self? How to step up and lead where I am needed. How to give control and expectations over to God.

I was fortunate enough to get to go with my mom to a women's retreat that my church, Foundry UMC, sponsored this past weekend. It centered and restored me in so many ways. It was a gift. It reminded me of what I believe, of who I am. I am a resurrection person. I believe in rebirth and in potential. I know that with God all things are possible. This includes God and spirit manifested in other people. I believe that love is possible at every turn, even in the midst of data analysis...or business deals...or taking out the trash. It doesn't need to be as hard as I make it sometimes. We are all connected. We are all one. I believe. I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment